The English-Speaking Union is all about dialogue and our biannual magazine is named to reflect this. Packed full of interesting articles and interviews, it celebrates our work in education and cultural exchange and opens the conversation on topical issues affecting us all.
Each issue features:
- Alumni stories
- Education news
- A topical debate
- Latest books, events and podcasts to note
- Case studies and reports on our work
- Branch and International ESU news
Please see past issues below. Members also receive listings of branch news and forthcoming events.
Take a peek inside our spring 2019 issue.
- Professor James Raven on the ESU’s vital role today
- Celebrating shared cultures on Commonwealth Day
- The Public Speaking Competition at 60
- Jon Briggs, the original UK voice of Siri, on why public speaking matters
- Let us entertain you – come and watch one of our competitions and be inspired
- Our Annual Review and Impact Report 2018/19
- Broadcaster Krishnan Guru-Murthy on how the ESU Schools’ Mace kick-started his career
- The A-Z of Dartmouth House
- Author Frank Cottrell Boyce at The Big Debate in Doncaster
The quality of the publication throughout speaks for itself
Abie Philbin Bowman
Broadcaster and comedian