The English-Speaking Union is all about dialogue and our biannual magazine is named to reflect this. Packed full of interesting articles and interviews, it celebrates our work in education and cultural exchange and opens the conversation on topical issues affecting us all.
Each issue features:
- Alumni stories
- Education news
- A topical debate
- Latest books, events and podcasts to note
- Case studies and reports on our work
- Branch and International ESU news
Please see past issues below. Members also receive listings of branch news and forthcoming events.
- Nadiya Ivanenko, Chair of ESU Ukraine, on the ESU’s vital role
- Ten things you didn’t know about Ukraine
- Exchange students on their life-changing year abroad
- A celebration of our patron, Her Late Majesty the Queen
- Jon Coles, former Department of Education Director General for Schools and Education Standards, on the importance of oracy
- A visit to Madani Schools Federation, Leicester, joint winner of our Oracy Culture Award 20201
- Professor James Raven on the ESU’s role in a fragmenting world
- Celebrating shared cultures on Commonwealth Day
- The Public Speaking Competition at 60
Take a peek inside our spring 2019 issue.
The quality of the publication throughout speaks for itself
Abie Philbin Bowman
Broadcaster and comedian