The English-Speaking Union is all about dialogue and our biannual magazine is named to reflect this. Packed full of interesting articles and interviews, it celebrates our work in education and cultural exchange and opens the conversation on topical issues affecting us all.
Each issue features:
- Alumni stories
- Education news
- A topical debate
- Latest books, events and podcasts to note
- Case studies and reports on our work
- Branch and International ESU news
Please see past issues below. Members also receive listings of branch news and forthcoming events.
- Tackling difficult discussions through debate
- Discover Debating progress and success
- Impressionist and ESU alumnus Rory Bremner
- Will voice technologies render us mute?
- How the International Public Speaking Competition has changed lives
- Singer-songwriter and ESU alumna KT Tunstall
- A report from a Lindemann scholar on her research trip to the edge of the Earth
- Speechwriter and ESU alumnus Simon Lancaster
- The people behind three of history’s greatest speeches
The quality of the publication throughout speaks for itself
Abie Philbin Bowman
Broadcaster and comedian