Debate Academy is a friendly, immersive summer school for 14 to 18 year olds. It offers top-quality coaching in debate to all ability levels, delivered by some of the best coaches and debaters in the world. Whether students have little or no experience or are getting ready for trials for their national debating team, this summer school has something to offer.
We offer two tracks as part of the programme: ‘Mixed Formats’, which offers practice in the British Parliamentary, ESU Schools’ Mace and the World Schools Debating Championships formats, and ‘World Schools Format’ which focuses solely on this approach.
‘Debate Academy has been one of the best experiences of my life. The past five years have been incredible thanks to the people and the mentors.’
What students receive
- World-class training from our expert oracy coaches
- The opportunity to try a variety of debating styles
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced tracks. We help students find the level to suit them best
- At least eight practice debates with individual feedback
- A positive, stimulating environment of intellectual curiosity
- A variety of evening lectures to learn about subjects that interest them
- Increased knowledge of current affairs
- Fun social activities and the chance to make new friends from all over the world
- All accommodation and food provided
of Debate Academy attendees in the last three years rate the experience excellent or good