020 7529 1559
Dartmouth House Events
- Tuesday 10 December 6.30 pm - : Christmas Carol Concert
- Wednesday 15 January 7 pm - : Piano Recital by Ernest So
- Thursday 23 January 7 pm - : British Foreign Policy in the 21st Century: Priorities and Problems
FIND YOUR BRANCH
ESU ON TWITTER@theESU
Debate Academy offers top quality coaching in debate to all ability levels, delivered by some of the best coaches and debaters in the world. Whether you have little or no experience, or are getting ready for trials for your national debating team, Debate Academy has something to offer you. It also offers the chance for students from a wide range of schools to meet each other, socialise and make friends from around the country and the world.
We offer three distinct courses for 14-18 year olds, as part of the Debate Academy programme. The first is our standard Debate Academy, the second is our World Schools' Debate Academy and the third is Mini Debate Academy. All courses offer the following:
- A comprehensive and exciting range of workshops tailored to your level and delivered by our expert tutors who are accomplished debaters, coaches and adjudicators (see the faculty page for more information on our coaches).
- Accessible debate materials, strategies and ideas to take away with you so you can build on the knowledge you gain throughout the programme.
- Cutting edge lectures from university students and tutors on key areas (Law, Economics, Rights, Feminism, International Relations) which students should know in order to do well at schools debating competitions. These lectures also offer the opportunity to talk to, debate with, and question students from some of the best universities in the country.
- A guarantee that every student will take part in at least 5 debates over the course of the programme.
- A range of social activities where students can meet, hang out and have fun with other debaters from across the world.
- Accommodation, with all meals provided, at Oakham School. The site ensures that all teaching, meals and leisure activities are no more than a five minute walk away.
- A lot of fun! Whilst the programme is packed with engaging and thought-provoking sessions at all levels, you'll also have time to meet students from across the UK and the world and make a range of new friends. Don't take our word for it, read through the testimonials and make up your own mind!
- For students from the UK who wish to attend Debate Academy, a range of partial and full bursaries are available for those who would otherwise, due to financial circumstances, be unable to attend.