020 7529 1565
YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
FIND A LOCAL BRANCH
DARTMOUTH HOUSE EVENTS
- Wednesday 1 October 7 pm 100 Days to Victory: How the Great War was Fought & Won
- Saturday 4 October 12 pm The ESU Winston Churchill Cup for Public Speaking
- Thursday 9 October 7 pm A Musical Portrait of Dudley Moore with James Pearson
ESU ON TWITTER@theESU
Debate Academy offers top quality coaching in debate to all ability levels, delivered by some of the best coaches and debaters in the world. Whether you have little or no experience, or are getting ready for trials for your national debating team, Debate Academy has something to offer you. It also offers the chance for students from a wide range of schools to meet each other, socialise and make friends from around the country and the world.
Debate Academy and World Schools Debate Academy 2014 will be taking place at Bradfield College, Reading from July 30th 2014-August 4th 2014.
We offer two courses for 14-18 year olds, as part of the Debate Academy programme. The first is our standard Debate Academy and the second is our World Schools' Debate Academy. All courses offer the following:
- A comprehensive and exciting range of workshops tailored to your level and delivered by our expert tutors who are accomplished debaters, coaches and adjudicators (see the faculty page for more information on our coaches this year).
- Accessible debate materials, strategies and ideas to take away with you so you can build on the knowledge you gain throughout the programme.
- Cutting edge lectures from university students and tutors on key areas (Law, Economics, Rights, Feminism, International Relations) which students should know about in order to do well at schools debating competitions. These lectures also offer the opportunity to talk to, debate with, and question students from some of the best universities in the country.
- A guarantee that every student will take part in at least 5 debates over the course of the programme.
- A range of social activities where students can meet, hang out and have fun with other debaters from across the world.
- Accommodation for five nights, with all meals provided, at Bradfield College, Reading. The site ensures that all teaching, meals and leisure activities are no more than a five minute walk away.
- Bus transfers to and from Reading Station.
- A lot of fun! Whilst the programme is packed with engaging and thought-provoking sessions at all levels, you'll also have time to meet students from across the UK and the world and make a range of new friends. Don't take our word for it, read through the testimonials and make up your own mind!
- For students from the UK who wish to attend Debate Academy, a range of partial and full bursaries are available for those who would otherwise, due to financial circumstances, be unable to attend.
Both courses cost £475, including all meals, accommodation, bus transfers and coaching.
The deadline to be considered in the first round of bursary applications is May 23rd 2014. If you wish to apply for financial assistance please fill in the registration form, specifying what assistance you wish to apply for, and a member of staff will be in contact regarding supporting documentation. Please note applicants will be expected to provide a reference from a teacher, proof of financial need and a letter outlining why they wish to attend, in order to be considering for a bursary.
If you have any further questions please contact Janine Ryan at email@example.com.