020 7529 1561
YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
FIND A LOCAL BRANCH
DARTMOUTH HOUSE EVENTS
- Tuesday 1 September 6 pm Happy Hour at Dartmouth House
- Wednesday 9 September 7 pm The Great American Songbook Part III: Cold Gin & Hot Piano, The Golden Age of Jazz
- Wednesday 16 September 6.30 pm Quiz Night at Dartmouth House
ESU ON TWITTER@theESU
The ESU is a unique global educational charity and membership organisation that brings together and empowers people of different languages and cultures. By building skills and confidence in communication, we give people the opportunity to realise their full potential. Worldwide, our members and alumni support us in this work. Our vision is to provide people in the UK and internationally with communications skills, confidence and opportunities to engage in an exchange of ideas and opinions. We endeavour to see that the value of good communication and cultural exchange as essential to individual, community and global development and understanding is widely recognised.
Our aims, as laid out in our Royal Charter, are:
- To promote education across the English-Speaking world and beyond, respecting the traditions and heritage of those with whom we work, whilst acknowledging the current events and issues that affect them.
- To use English as a means of international communication of knowledge and understanding.
The ESU is a non-political organisation, working with people regardless of nationality and background, and from all walks of life.
The ESU is a charity registered in the UK, registered charity number 273136.
It was established by Royal Charter with Her Majesty The Queen as Patron and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh as President. Prince Philip retired as President in 2012, and in 2013, Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal became the current President of the ESU.
The Board of Governors meets four times a year and is led by the Chairman.
The administration of ESU programmes is organised by the international headquarters at Dartmouth House. The Director-General and the staff at Dartmouth House are the main point of contact for any general enquiries, and contact information can be found here.