What is Debate Academy?
A week-long summer school to improve your debating skills.
Debate Academy offers top quality coaching in debate to all ability levels, delivered by some of the best coaches and debaters in the world. Whether you have little or no experience or are getting ready for trials for your national debating team, Debate Academy has something to offer you.
We offer two-course tracks for 14-18-year-olds, as part of the Debate Academy programme. The first is our Mixed Formats Debate Academy and the second is our World Schools' Debate Academy.
For more detail on what being a participant in Debate Academy looks like, please refer to our “Debate Academy Guide” in the RESOURCES section below.
What you'll get:
- World-class coaching from our expert mentors
- The opportunity to try a variety of debating styles
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced tracks. We help you find the level to suit you best
- At least eight practice debates with individual feedback
- A variety of evening lectures to learn about subjects that interest you
- Fun social activities and the chance to make new friends from all over the world
- All accommodation and food provided
Debate Academy 2019 was held from 29th July until 3rd August 2018 at Uppingham School in Rutland. The cost per participant last year was £495 and will be set for 2019 shortly (this covers all coaching, meals, accommodation and bus transfers to and from Oakham station).
The ESU is able to offer partial or full bursaries to students in order to attend Debate Academy and we are committed to ensuring that no students’ financial circumstance should present a barrier to their ability to attend. Our bursary fund will permit us to allocate the equivalent of full bursaries for at least 50% of students at Debate Academy.
For further information on the course either see the “Debate Academy Guide” below or contact email@example.com.
Registration will open in March 2019
To be notified when registration opens please complete this form here.