What: US research scholarship for teachers
Grant: £2,000 – £2,500
When: Annually; applications open in late September
The English-Speaking Union’s Walter Hines Page scholarships enable UK teaching professionals to travel to America to research an oracy or communication project of their choosing that can also help inform our own work in this field.
Applicants must be a member of the ESU, NASUWT or the Chartered College of Teaching.
ESU Scotland also welcomes applications for Page scholarships, offered in conjunction with EIS. Please see here for more information about this opportunity.
- Grant worth £2,000 to £2,500 to help cover the cost of travel and in-country living expenses
- Chance to spend time in the US pursuing areas of academic interest
- Fantastic opportunity for professional development, and a differentiating factor on your CV
- Opportunity to engage with and explore different methods of teaching and education
- Exposure to other points of view and a different way of life
- Opportunity to connect and exchange views with people on a deeper level than may be possible as a tourist
20 UK teachers have been awarded Walter Hines Page Scholarships over the past five years
Find out more
Applications open in late September and close in January each year. Interviews take place in April. Successful applicants can travel anytime within the following academic year.
Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions or queries about the Walter Hines Page Scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7529 1572.