Lindemann Trust Fellowship
The English-Speaking Union offers up to three fellowships a year, worth $50,000 each, for postdoctoral scientists to carry out their research at a host institution in the USA. The grants are awarded to graduates who have shown exceptional promise and the capacity to produce original research in the applied sciences.
American Memorial Chapel Travel Grant
A travel grant of up to £2,000, allowing a member of the clergy to take a study tour to the USA for up to four weeks. Established in 1961, this grant helps to foster understanding and the exchange of ideas between members of the clergy in the UK and USA.
– Open to any member of the clergy, resident in the UK and from any denomination.
– This grant is administered by the Queen’s Foundation on behalf of the English-Speaking Union.
ESU Music Scholarships allow talented young musicians to develop their skills and further their training at one of several internationally renowned music programmes in the UK and Europe.
– A scholarship covers the cost of tuition, board and lodging at one of the following programmes:
– Applicants should apply directly to the programmes via the website links above and are not required to apply to the ESU. The ESU will then select a successful musician to support in conjunction with the programmes’ admission staff.
Chilton Art History Scholarship
The Chilton Art History Scholarship sponsors a student on an education course at either Christie’s or Sotheby’s Institute of Art. The award is designed to help fund part of the fees on designated Masters programmes, and gives students the opportunity to develop skills in a vital cultural discipline.
– An annual award of £10,000 is made to an applicant who has already been accepted on certain Masters programmes.
– Applications are made directly to Christie’s or Sotheby’s via their normal application procedures. For further details on the scholarship, please visit the Christie’s or Sotheby’s webpages.