- What: An award recognising primary and secondary schools’ efforts to cultivate a sustainable culture of oracy
- When: Applications are open now and will close on Thursday, June 30th
The English-Speaking Union’s Oracy Culture Award is the only national award which recognises and celebrates those schools placing oracy at the heart of their curriculum. There are two award categories: one for primary and one for secondary schools. Entry is via a simple application form, and is judged by an impartial panel with experience in oracy education. Applications are open now and the winners will be announced in July.
Your school is eligible to apply if it is located in England or Wales and promotes a culture of oracy.
- Gain recognition for your school’s work promoting oracy
- Excellent promotional tool helping your school to attract more students and teachers
- Winner/Highly Commended logo to use on website and letterheads etc
- Winner’s trophy to keep and display
- Boost enthusiasm for oracy amongst students and parents
- Provide Ofsted with evidence of promoting SMSC education