- What: Award recognising excellence and outreach in oracy education
- Prize: Up to £2,000 to the winning teacher(s) plus up to £500 to the nominating ESU
- When: Applications are open from June to October. The winner is announced in January
The English-Speaking Union’s International Oracy Teacher Award is the only award of its kind which recognises excellence and outreach in oracy education across the globe. If you teach English to children between the ages of five and 18, this is your chance to tell the world about the work you do, and the difference it makes. We encourage individual teachers to apply (with a supporting reference from your local international ESU) and we also invite International ESUs to promote the competition among their networks.
Before entering, please read the notes for applicants below.
- Prestigious award from respected international organisation
- Win up to £2,000 to further your teaching practice
- Support wider promotion of spoken English language learning via £500 prize to your local ESU
- Boost profile of English language learning in your school/area
- Promote use of English as a way to share views and opinions
- Excellent promotional tool boosting your personal profile and helping your school to attract more students
The success of oracy education depends on the efforts and expertise of dedicated, knowledgeable teachers. It is heart-warming to hear how entrants have helped young people who have not had the benefit of a privileged social upbringing to find their voices and use them to good effect
Professor Neil Mercer
Director, Oracy Cambridge and 2019 judge
Find out more
To apply, please complete the application form, right. Applications close on 18 October.
If you have any questions or queries about the International Oracy Teacher Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7529 1595.