The team at the English-Speaking Union comprises professionals in the fields of education, management, communications and charity finance.
All of our team are committed to improving the prospects of young people in the UK and internationally through the charitable provision of training in debating and public speaking as well as delivering cultural exchange programmes.
We are currently recruiting an International Programmes and Cultural Exchange Officer to sit in the International Programmes and Cultural Exchange Team of the Education Department.
- Responsible for day to day management, administration and budget oversight of selected programmes within the IPCE team
- Assist the Head of International Programmes and Cultural Exchange and Senior Officer in the development of project initiatives and partnerships
- To work closely with all other departments and external stakeholders to ensure that collective goals and objectives are reached
Hours of Work
Normal hours of work are thirty five hours per week. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required. Reasonable TOIL will be given to compensate out of hours work in agreement with the Head of International Programmes and Cultural Exchange.
The location of work is Dartmouth House, although there may be a need to work at other ESU locations from time to time as the job requires. Some overseas travel may be occasionally required.
£25,000 to be reviewed after 3 months with potential increase to £26,500 based on competence in role.
Please download the materials below and return your application form to John Elliott by 3rd December 2017.
Interview Date: 11th December 2017. Applicants who have not been contacted by this date must assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
We are looking for maternity leave cover for the Membership Administrator to start ASAP at the latest mid-November - this is likely to be for just over a year but we cannot determine that at the moment.
- Responsible for the effective administration of centralised database information on all Members of the ESU in England and Wales, Overseas Members of Dartmouth House, Partner and Corporate Partner Members and International ESUs
- To be the first point of contact for Members
- To ensure that the Contact Manager CRM database is fully updated and operating to its maximum potential
- To support the project team with testing and migration to a new Microsoft Dynamics system
- To support other departments in achieving the overall aims and objectives of the ESU by providing comprehensive information drawn from the database, such as alumni groups, with the potential to become Members
- To continuously develop all aspects of the Members’ administration to ensure the highest level of Member satisfaction
- To work closely with branch chairmen and branch secretaries to ensure that database records are timely and accurate
Hours of Work
Normal hours of work are twenty five hours over a five day week. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required. Reasonable TOIL will be given to compensate out of hours work in agreement with the Finance and Operations Director.
The location of work is Dartmouth House, although there may be a need to work at other ESU locations from time to time as the job requires.
£18,000 for a 25 hour week.
Please download the materials below and send your CV to John Elliott by 27th November 2017.
Please note CVs will be accepted in the first instance although applicants who are shortlisted for interview may be required to complete an E-SU application form.
Interviews will be held on 29th & 30th November 2017. Applicants who have not been contacted by this date must assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
We're always on the lookout for talented individuals who share our passion. To find out other ways in which you can get involved with our charitable work take a look at our opportunities within our wider education network here.