The team at the English-Speaking Union comprises professionals in the fields of education, management, communications and charity finance.
All of our team are committed to improving the prospects of young people in the UK and internationally through the charitable provision of training in debating and public speaking as well as delivering cultural exchange programmes.
We're currently on the hunt for an ESU Ambassador to help deliver our education work in the north of England. The role will be to recruit, manage and train delivery staff for our programmes and competitions, in addition to engaging alumni of our programmes, with our work.
● Support the growth and development of the Education Network and expand its reach across England and Wales
● Recruit, manage and train delivery staff and volunteers for programmes and competitions
● Be the point of contact for members of the ESU Education Network within region
● Ensure all HR files and contact information is kept up to date for delivery staff and volunteers in region
● Provide regular supervision and support to delivery staff and volunteers
● Contribute to the development of an Education Network community, including managing online platforms, regional communications and a vibrant social events programme
● Be an ambassador for the ESU and promote ESU education programmes at relevant external events
● Deliver ESU programmes and competitions, acting as an ambassador for good practice
Additional information can be found in the job description attached below.
To apply: Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the person specification and why you would like to be considered for the role. Applications should be made to Maia.Gibbs@esu.org (Head of Education Network) and Kirsty.Mitchell@esu.org(HR Manager)
Application deadline: Midnight, Sunday 8th July
Interviews: Thursday 2nd August Interviews will be held at our London headquarters. All travel costs will be reimbursed
To find out other ways in which you can get involved with our charitable work take a look at our opportunities within our wider education network here.