020 7529 1568
YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
FIND A LOCAL BRANCH
ESU ON TWITTER@theESU
- Open to Key Stage 3 and up.
- One team per school
- Registration Fee is £30 per team
- Largest schools debating competition in the UK with 350 schools entering each year
- Helps meet Speaking and Listening targets set by the National Curriculum
- Great for a young student's CV
- All students in the programme become ESU Alumni
The competition runs with the academic year, beginning in the autumn term. The first round of the competition takes place in November and early December, the second round in January and February, the Regional Finals and the National Final in March.
If you have any queries that you can't find an answer to here, please contact Shiraz Engineer.
To download the handbook click here.
If you have any questions relating to the Schools' Mace, please consult our FAQs here before contacting a member of the Speech & Debate team.